Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andy Nuss <an...@siebel.com> on 2001/09/27 00:41:33 UTC

default servlet

Hi,

Lets say that I define a mapping for a default servlet as follows:

<servlet-mapping>
	<servlet-name>interceptor</servlet-name>
	<url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
	<servlet-class>InterceptorServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet-mapping>

and its my only mapping.  Usually, I will handle the request myself
in this default servlet but sometimes I wish to pass this on to another
servlet to be handled as a regular jsp, or as a regular gif, or regular
html.

What are the names of the tomcat "file" servlet and "jsp" servlet for me
to forward to?  Where are these defined and where documented?

(Is there another way to accomplish this?)  By the way, I only want to
get this to work with Tomcat as both webserver and appserver. When I start
my Tomcat, it seems that 2 services are being started.  Is this OK?  I'm
worried
that my default servlet will never see any .GIF or .HTML requests.

Thx,
Andy