Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ingo Villnow <in...@googlemail.com> on 2007/10/31 15:19:12 UTC

struts 1.2: calling an action by javascript

Hello,

i want to call an action by javascript, when a value in a <html:select>
field changes. I want to fill my <html:form> with the data provided by
the action. Any ideas? I don't know a lot of javascript :-(

thanks & greetings from Berlin

Re: struts 1.2: calling an action by javascript

Posted by Fátima Silveira <fa...@gmail.com>.
try this

<script language="javascript">
function submitForm(){

//do the verification you want to...

    form.submit();
}

</script>

<s:select onchange="submitForm()" .... />

Posted by dvdface <dv...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Ingo Villnow <in...@googlemail.com>.
Thank you, I am going to use the javawebparts.ajaxparts taglib in any
way, now i try to find the cook book :-) thanks

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.

Posted by lavanyaonnet <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I too have littile bit knolwledge in javascript, plz try this

<script language="javascript">
        function submitFunction(){
        document.forms(0).submit();
        }
        </script>

<script language="javascript">
        function submitaddFunction(){
        document.forms(1).submit();
        }
        </script>

just call the above function in ur button tag.

Posted by "prasad.dls" <pr...@gmail.com>.
This is select box. u make this as html select

<select name="contentId" id="contentId"
onchange="getPage(<%=companyId%>,'./xxx.do?step=<bean:message
key="link.xxxx.xxxxx"/>&contentId=');">

This is javascript
--
function getPage(ccid,url){
	var cId = document.getElementById("contentId").value;

by using this u can get what u want.

Posted by Friend Here <sa...@gmail.com>.

function submit()
{
  populate values ..........then
  document.action.value  = " /url ";
  document[0].forms[0].submit();
}

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning-

What you're looking for is a technology called Direct Web Remoting take a look at StrutsCreator at
http://directwebremoting.org/dwr/server/struts

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note