Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Scott Feldstein <sc...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/02 17:10:00 UTC

Re: eviction performance

Hi Stan,
Thanks for the follow up.  The part that I'm confused about here is when an
expired entry isn't accessed it would simply linger on disk forever.

In my prototype I want to be able to store one continuous hour of hot data
to be queryable at all times.  The volume of data currently sits at 20k
entries / second but I'd like to increase this substantially.
Unfortunately the cleanup issue getting in the way of this.

To load up the data I'm using the ignite streamer, this makes it more
difficult to create a new cache in order to clean up old data (not
impossible but awkward).  I'm using the streamer since in the docs it says
that is the most efficient way to load data into the system.  Is there a
better way to load up the data for my use case other than using a streamer?

In my scenario I would like to be able to have a light weight way of
cleaning up the data.  While the data may not be cleaned up immediately I'd
like to have it eventually cleaned up since it is taking up a lot of disk.
Is this possible without using a separate cache?  Or is using multiple
caches the only way you can think of to achieve this?

Do you think that a "truncate partition" feature is something that would be
useful / doable in Ignite?  Would it be worth a feature request?

thanks!