Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/23 06:38:33 UTC

Re: svn commit: r416477 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni: ./ src/main/java/java/net/ src/test/java/tests/api/java/net/

Hi George,

InetAddressTest and SocketPermissionTest still fails for me on Linux.
For example, InetAddressTest.test_getAllByNameLjava_lang_String failed with:

Incorrect number of aliases returned: 2 should be 1
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Incorrect number of aliases returned:
2 should be 1 at
tests.api.java.net.InetAddressTest.test_getAllByNameLjava_lang_String (
InetAddressTest.java:165) at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(
AccessibleObject.java:205)

Thanks,
Stepan.

Author: gharley

Date: Thu Jun 22 14:36:24 2006

New Revision: 416477

Log:

Liberate ServerSocketTest, InetAddressTest and SocketPermissionTest from the
excludes list. Fix up a couple of bugs in InetAddressTest. Remove a couple
of duplicate entries in tests.api.java.net.AllTests suite.

Modified:

    incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/build.xml

incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/main/java/java/net/ServerSocket.java

incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/test/java/tests/api/java/net/AllTests.java

incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/test/java/tests/api/java/net/InetAddressTest.java

incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/test/java/tests/api/java/net/ServerSocketTest.java

Modified: incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/build.xml

<SNIP>

Stepan Mishura
Intel Middleware Products Division

Posted by Andrew Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stepan,

Maybe it needs configure /etc/hosts ? I'm not sure.

I configured the host file on windows, the test passes. :)

Thanks!

On 6/23/06, Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> InetAddressTest and SocketPermissionTest still fails for me on Linux.
> For example, InetAddressTest.test_getAllByNameLjava_lang_String failed
> with:
>
> Incorrect number of aliases returned: 2 should be 1
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Incorrect number of aliases
> returned:
> 2 should be 1 at
> tests.api.java.net.InetAddressTest.test_getAllByNameLjava_lang_String (
> InetAddressTest.java:165) at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(
> AccessibleObject.java:205)
>
> Thanks,
> Stepan.

Andrew Zhang
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Posted by George Harley <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Stepan,

Just seen your note. This is a bit odd; seems that different tests are
failing depending on the Linux distro. As has been pointed out, on
Debian and Red Hat EL4 it is a question of variability with the
InetAddress host name whereas you are seeing an "unexpected" number of
aliases (unexpected by the test author :-) ). Clearly the tests in
question need some diversity awareness instilled in them.

I will devote some time to this later on today to see if there is
anything I can do to fix this situation. For the time being it is
probably best to re-exclude the offending tests.

Best regards,
George