Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Casagrande Matteo-ACM117 <ac...@motorola.com> on 2002/05/16 18:48:18 UTC

Internationalization

Dear all,
I'm trying to internationalize jetspeed 1.3.a2 by clicking flags.
I don't know how and what I have to set for setting a language.
I've tried to change the "local" (parameter data.getUser().setTemp("locale",
locale)) from JetspeedSessionValidator but nothing changes, jetspeed goes on
foolowing the browser setting.
Thanks in advance,
 matteo

Re: Internationalization

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Casagrande Matteo-ACM117 wrote:

>Dear all,
>I'm trying to internationalize jetspeed 1.3.a2 by clicking flags.
>I don't know how and what I have to set for setting a language.
>I've tried to change the "local" (parameter data.getUser().setTemp("locale",
>locale)) from JetspeedSessionValidator but nothing changes, jetspeed goes on
>foolowing the browser setting.

The logic here is: The user (agent) rules. The browser is supposed to be
the way where a user can select a locale.

The Profile will look for a matching page from the request.

It could be interesting to have a setting where a user could have the
preferred locale stored in the database (with a blank default), and the
Login action would use the database setting first, and the browser one
if blank, for the use case of people logging from public kiosks (badly
configured most of the time). This would be set as part of the login
process.

Alternatively, a session default set in a simple way (select language in
navigation) could be preferred over the one coming in the request for
the current session, and would force re-selection of profile to get new
templates.

Are you interested in implementing one of these solutions? Other people?
I would not mind, if they are cleanly interfaced.