Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by "Y. Ethan Guo" <gu...@uber.com> on 2020/07/30 00:04:54 UTC

Having trouble migrating notebooks from 0.7.3 to 0.9.0-preview1

Hi folks,

I'm having trouble migrating a large number of notebooks from Zeppelin
0.7.3 to 0.9.0-preview1.  I followed the instructions from the website,
i.e., downloading the latest release (0.9.0-preview1) and then copying the
conf/ and notebook/ over to override these two directories in the new one.
I'm able to start the Zeppelin, but when I access the home page, I
encounter the following errors (listed at the end).

I also tried to export the notebook json from 0.7.3 and import that json
file to 0.9.0-preview1.  When I open it in the page, the notebook
paragraphs don't show up and the page is completely blank except for the
notebook caption.  The notebook I create directly in 0.9.0-preview1 can be
shown properly.

Any suggestion on how to properly batch migrate the notebooks in this
case?  Any input would be appreciated.

A MultiException has 10 exceptions. They are:
1. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its
general contract!
2. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to perform operation: create on
org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.InterpreterSettingManager
3. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: While attempting to resolve the
dependencies of org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.InterpreterFactory errors
were found
4. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to perform operation: resolve on
org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.InterpreterFactory
5. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its
general contract!
6. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to perform operation: create on
org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.InterpreterSettingManager
7. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: While attempting to resolve the
dependencies of org.apache.zeppelin.notebook.Notebook errors were found
8. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to perform operation: resolve on
org.apache.zeppelin.notebook.Notebook
9. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: While attempting to resolve the
dependencies of org.apache.zeppelin.service.NotebookService errors were
found
10. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to perform operation: resolve
on org.apache.zeppelin.service.NotebookService

Thanks,
- Ethan

Re: Having trouble migrating notebooks from 0.7.3 to 0.9.0-preview1

Posted by moon soo Lee <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I tried to import note from 0.7.3 to 0.9.0-preview.
Using "import note" dialog on UI, I could import default tutorial notes
without problem.

(However, when I copied /notebook directory of 0.7.3 to 0.9.0-preview, I
couldn't import them correctly.
\cc Jeff, could you confirm this as well?)

Could you try import 0.7.3 defaults tutorial notes to your installation of
0.9.0-preview?

Thanks,
moon

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.