Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Dale Peakall <d....@oclcpica.org> on 2007/04/16 10:35:50 UTC

101.6.4 of R4.1? Service Compendium

This message from BJ Hargrave:
http://www.mail-archive.com/osgi-dev@www2.osgi.org/msg00201.html refers
to section 101.6.4 of the specification.  This doesn't appear in my
version of the service compendium so I assume its a 4.1 thing?  Although
as far as I was aware 4.1 only affected the core specification.  Anyway,
it's going to be difficult to update the LogService implementation
without knowing what it's supposed to do.  Can someone point me in the
appropriate direction.

Thanks.

Dale.

Re: 101.6.4 of R4.1? Service Compendium

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 16 April 2007 22:25, BJ Hargrave wrote:
> Well actually what you said (and what I originally said) is wrong. Please
> read the linked message.

Ah! I have been out fishing (seeriously!) and not gotten to those lists yet...
Now I have to revert the revert... Doh!

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, CEO
Jayway Malaysia Sdn Bhd

Re: 101.6.4 of R4.1? Service Compendium

Posted by BJ Hargrave <ha...@us.ibm.com>.
Well actually what you said (and what I originally said) is wrong. Please
read the linked message.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@us.ibm.com

office: +1 386 848 1781
mobile: +1 386 848 3788

Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>
Sent by: Niclas Hedhman <he...@gmail.com>
2007-04-16 10:01
Please respond to
felix-dev@incubator.apache.org

felix-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject

On Monday 16 April 2007 16:35, Dale Peakall wrote:
> This message from BJ Hargrave:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/osgi-dev@www2.osgi.org/msg00201.html refers
> to section 101.6.4 of the specification.  This doesn't appear in my
> version of the service compendium so I assume its a 4.1 thing?  Although
> as far as I was aware 4.1 only affected the core specification.  Anyway,
> it's going to be difficult to update the LogService implementation
> without knowing what it's supposed to do.  Can someone point me in the
> appropriate direction.

And the issue was;

 The text is written in a way that make it look like the Log Service is
 expected to send the events via the Event Admin service (if present).

The proper text should indicate that;

 The Event Admin service (if present) must register with LogReaderService
 and send the log events as standard Event Admin events.

So, if you implement LogReaderService and do nothing regarding the Event
Admin, then you are doing the right thing.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: 101.6.4 of R4.1? Service Compendium

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by BJ Hargrave <ha...@us.ibm.com>.
101.6.4 is in Verion 4.0.1 of the Service Compendium which has been
published for a while now.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@us.ibm.com