Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kwok Ng <bi...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/18 19:33:03 UTC

Added 005f on the path after pre-compilation

Hi folks,

I am using Tomcat 5.5.23.  I am trying to use org.apache.jasper.JspC to
pre-compile the JSP files.  I notice all the file paths were added "005f" if
there is a "_" in the path like ../my_package/test.jsp will change to
../my_005fpackage/test_jsp.java.  What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

Billy Ng

Re: Added 005f on the path after pre-compilation

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Billy Ng wrote:
> Is a way to tell tomcat not to do it?  I have the same path in the jsp
> template.  The extra 005f will totally break my app.

Not that I am aware of.

Why does this break your app? It shouldn't matter what the class is
called.

Mark

RE: Added 005f on the path after pre-compilation

> I am using Tomcat 5.5.23.  I am trying to use org.apache.jasper.JspC to
> pre-compile the JSP files.  I notice all the file paths were added
> "005f" if
> there is a "_" in the path like ../my_package/test.jsp will change to
> ../my_005fpackage/test_jsp.java.  What did I do wrong?

Nothing. This is by design.

Mark

Re: Added 005f on the path after pre-compilation

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.