Posted to user@ant.apache.org by We...@asu.edu on 2003/02/04 23:06:46 UTC

ant - setup/msdos

I have MicroSoft ME system
The problem that I have using ant is:
I have to run autoexec.bat in MSDOS everytime before I can use ant.
I update the autoexec.bat and increased environment space to 4096.

When in MSDOS:
c:\>ant -version
Bad command or file name.
c:\>autoexec.bat
c:\>ant -version
Apache Ant version 1.5.1 compiled on October 2 2002

After this, ant works fine. But when I exit MSDOS and go back in again, I have
to do the above steps again before I can use ANT.
Why do I have to run autoexec.bat everytime? How could I fix it?
Thank You!!!

Wei

Re: ant - setup/msdos

Posted by DoNOTuseREPLY <Do...@BusinessOmaha.com>.
The next time you run ant and get the "bad command or file name" use the
"set" command to validate ANT_HOME actually contains the correct path
information.  Also, take a look at your PATH before you run autoexec.bat.
PATH should have %ANT_HOME%\bin.  Since we are not allowed to diddle with
startup files (e.g., autoexec.bat), I use the following .bat file, at the
beginning of my ant session, to fix the session issue here at our location:

rem AntSetUp.bat 20030121 h:\Ant
@echo off

rem ** 20030120 **

set SystemDrive=h:

set ANT_HOME=%SystemDrive%\ant

set JAVA_HOME=%SystemDrive%\jdk1.4

set PATH=H:\PERL\BIN\;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\;C:\IBMTOOLS

set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin

rem ** 20030120 **

As an after thought, if you are allowed to mess with startup files at your
location and at client sites, then you may want to include the appropriate
parts of the above in the autoexec.bat.

jimS