Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Jay Shukla <co...@webtrify.com> on 2017/05/01 15:13:05 UTC

Re: Compliments, Report Issues and Questions About OpenOffice

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your email and the details.

   - I have found a couple of dead links. Please see an HTML file attached
   along with this email for the list. They are on two different pages. They
   were mostly on reviews <https://www.openoffice.org/product/reviews.html>
   page and Awards <http://www.openoffice.org/awards/index.html> page. Some
   of the previously published media articles are deleted and you may want to
   take them down.
   - We also reviewed Latest version (4.1.3) of open office here --
   http://www.pandia.com/news/how-openoffice-is-making-a-difference-by-providing-a-free-open-source-office-suite
   It would be great if you can add it to the reviews section
   <https://www.openoffice.org/product/reviews.html>.
   - I remember I also found some internal broken links. I will find and
   share them soon.

Thanks once again and have a great day.

-- Jay

--
Best Regards

Jay Shukla

Re: Compliments, Report Issues and Questions About OpenOffice

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03.05.2017 um 00:18 schrieb Marcus:
> Am 02.05.2017 um 14:28 schrieb Jay Shukla:
>> I actually sent another version to correct. Anyway, here is it in a
>> simple text file as well.
>
> thanks for the list. As it not long and very simple I think you can
> abstain from using a separate file. Just attach the URLs directly in the
> mail. You know, keep it simple. ;-)
>
> When nobody is faster than me, I'll have a look on the weekend for
> modifing the given webpages.

it seems this mail got lost a bit in the inbox. I'm sorry for that.

Now when looking closer at the URLs these are webpages with many, many
links. Do you still have a list with the single links that don't work
anymore? I would appreciate it very much when you can give me this.

In the meantime I've added the article from Pandia.com to the product
review webpage.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Jay Shukla <co...@webtrify.com>.
Hi Dave,

I actually sent another version to correct. Anyway, here is it in a simple
text file as well.

Thanks and have a great day.

-- Jay

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > I hope you won't mind but I want to report some broken/dead links on a
> page
> > from your site which you may want to remove for user experience.
> >
> > Of course, as it is a large project we have some more webpage than other
> projects. So, there is always the chance to stumple of dead links.
> >
> > Feel free to report this here.
> >
> > Also, I have recently published a review about your product on our
> website.
> > Are we allowed to use your logo/screenshots from your website? I also am
> > wondering if you'd consider listing it on your Reviews section?
> >
> > In general, the OpenOffice Trademark webpage [1] is the starting point
> for such questions.
> >
> > Furthermore, there is a FAQ webpage from the ASF itself [1] which should
> cover your question quite well. Or you find it in another part of the FAQs.

Best Regards

Jay Shukla

Re: Compliments, Report Issues and Questions About OpenOffice

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Jay,

Posted by Jay Shukla <co...@webtrify.com>.
Hey Marcus,