Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/19 22:31:33 UTC

script to build binary package?

One of the downstream users of Cordova wants to start kicking the tires
of 2.2 by using 2.2.0rc1 now. However, they have previously been picking
up the binary packages from phonegap.com instead of the source packages
from apache.org, and they don't want to change their process. I'm fine
building 2.2.0rc1 from source for them, but I'm wondering if there is a
way for me to easily assemble the binary package in a similar way as
coho assembles the source package. Does such a script exist that I could
get and run? I need it just until the final official release of 2.2. Thanks!

-- Marcel Kinard

Re: script to build binary package?

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Sure,

First off I usually throw the rc's and releases on phonegap's github (
https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap). You can download a specific
release/rc by clicking tag.

Second, if they want to build the PhoneGap binary distribution, they can
check out Robson (https://github.com/stevengill/robson). Right now it uses
coho to grab the source release and then does the necessary commands to
build the PhoneGap distribution. Coho asks for a password when it comes to
signing. I still have to modify coho to have a non signing mode.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.
Use Coho ?