Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by an...@telenor.com on 2001/08/08 13:11:28 UTC

(was: ESQLl where condition)

Hi, you're right it should work and it does.

I discovered that the error was in another place, namely in my main xml
file. I had a file called welcome.xml which pointed to a file called
def.xml. In def xml. was the code for opening the connection and running the
query (part of which I attached in the last mail). In welcome.xml it was
included as:

<!DOCTYPE document [
  <!ENTITY definitions SYSTEM "def.xml">
]>

  <def_data>
      &definitions;
    </def_data>

I discovered after a while that the changes made in def.xml was not updated.
Welcome.xml was still using the earlier version of the document. I find this
most peculiar and unlogic, but can find no other explanation. I took away
the pointers and included the code directly in welcome.xml and now it works
perfectly.

My problem now is that welcome.xml becomes very long. I run several queries
and had much better control over my code when I could separate it into
different files. Does anybody know any way to fix the problem with
welcome.xml not seeing the changes to def.xml and the other files?

Thanks again,
/Anne Marie