Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@progress.com> on 2009/01/20 17:21:30 UTC

Proposal to deprecate CXF HTTP Binding

Hi,

I'd like to propose to have CXF HTTP Binding deprecated for the following reasons :

1. It's not mantained at all
2. CXF implements JAXRS which offers superior options toward building restful services
3. It adds to the overall build time and distribution size

More specifically, I'd like to suggest that we formally declare it being deprecated when 2.2 is released
which will give us an option to eventually remove it from the trunk, once we have the proper client api support.

Thoughts ?

Cheers, Sergey

Re: Proposal to deprecate CXF HTTP Binding

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@progress.com>.

> Actually, I'll argue a bit. 2.1 will be live and maintained for some time.
> Anyone who really wants to use it can use 2.1. Can you think of a
> 2.2-specific feature that someone would want to combine with the old HTTP
> binding?

Not really...If we knew that no HTTP binding users migrated to CXF 2.2-SNAPSHOT (how likely it is ?) then
I guess we could indeed remove it for 2.2...

Are there any HTTP binding users out there who already started working with CXF 2.2-SNAPSHOT ?

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@progress.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
OK

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@progress.com>.
Hi Benson

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Oh, OK, if it's not really needed to be in compliance with anything we can
remove/deprecate it.

Glen

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Proposal to deprecate CXF HTTP Binding

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.