Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com> on 2004/09/02 00:35:33 UTC

[math] RC1 updated

I have made the following changes and updated the release candidate here
<http://jakarta.apache.org/~psteitz/commons-math-1.0-RC1/>, as well as the
web site <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/math/>:

1) Changed the name of BivariateRegression to SimpleRegression

2) Added notes in Variance, StatUtils and StandardDeviation javadoc making
assumptions about precomputed mean explicit

3) Made standard matrix element indexing convention explicit in
RealMatrix, BigMatrix.

4) Incorporated Mark's improvement of developer.xml

If there are no objections, I will send a formal announcement of the RC
availablity tomorrow.

Phil

Re: [math] commons.math extension

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Kim,

You are free -- in fact encouraged -- to create derivative works based on
Apache software. Please read the license agreement here
and make sure to include a copy of the License and NOTICE.txt in anything
that you distribute.  Also, if you are modifying APIs or functionality of
classes in commons-math, while the license requires only that you provide
a notice that you have changed the files, it is best to rename and/or
repackage files that have been significantly modified.

We welcome your contributions to commons-math and hope that you will
submit design ideas and patches implementing your extensions.

Phil

Posted by Kim van der Linde <ki...@kimvdlinde.com>.

http://www.kimvdlinde.com