Posted to dev@senssoft.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2017/01/13 20:46:46 UTC

Prepping for Senssoft Release

Hi Michelle and Folks,
@Michelle, thank you very much for taking the initiative on the Senssoft
release. There is however a release management policy and workflow which we
need to adhere to, document and test before we can begin to stage
artifacts, etc.
The first issue is that we have satisfied all of the following criteria
http://apache.org/dev/#releases
Once this is done we have one or two additional criteria specific to
incubating projects which we need to address.
First things, first lets' get a wiki page setup which documents the release
management workflow... can you do this? An example can be found over at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JOSHUA/Joshua+Release+Management+Procedure
If you could create a basic copy of this wiki page and host it over on the
Senssoft Website it would be great, we can take it from there.
Thanks
Lewis

P.S. Can you also delete the artifacts you just staged to SVN? These will
not be valid release artifacts as we need to verify a good few things
before we can stage anything. Thank you and sorry for the inconnvenience,
once we get this sorted it will be easier for everyone.
Thanks

--
http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
@hectorMcSpector

Re: Prepping for Senssoft Release

Posted by Michelle Beard <ms...@apache.org>.
Hi Lewis,

I have created a release management procedure page on confluence at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/SensSoft+Release+Management+Procedure
.

I have also deleted all artifacts in the SVN repo.

Regards,

Michelle B.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 3:46 PM lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi Michelle and Folks,
> @Michelle, thank you very much for taking the initiative on the Senssoft
> release. There is however a release management policy and workflow which we
> need to adhere to, document and test before we can begin to stage
> artifacts, etc.
> The first issue is that we have satisfied all of the following criteria
> http://apache.org/dev/#releases
> Once this is done we have one or two additional criteria specific to
> incubating projects which we need to address.
> First things, first lets' get a wiki page setup which documents the
> release management workflow... can you do this? An example can be found
> over at
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JOSHUA/Joshua+Release+Management+Procedure
> If you could create a basic copy of this wiki page and host it over on the
> Senssoft Website it would be great, we can take it from there.
> Thanks
> Lewis
>
> P.S. Can you also delete the artifacts you just staged to SVN? These will
> not be valid release artifacts as we need to verify a good few things
> before we can stage anything. Thank you and sorry for the inconnvenience,
> once we get this sorted it will be easier for everyone.
> Thanks
>
> --
> http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
> @hectorMcSpector