Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Matt Doran <ma...@papercut.com> on 2011/05/20 12:05:39 UTC

Problems using custom LDAPPartition on 1.5.7

Hi there,

I was asking on the list yesterday about problems with baseless searches
on 1.5.5, and the consensus was to try 1.5.7.

I've got a custom partition working well in 1.5.5, but I'm having issued
getting this working in 1.5.7 and would love some advice.

I've been able to start-up an embedded server based on the embedded LDAP
server partition.   But when I try to add my custom partition following
the same approach as the JDBM partitions in the sample, I get this error
at the service start-up:

org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapNoSuchObjectException:
ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for dc=mytest,dc=local
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.getPartition(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:1010)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.search(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:875)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.ReferralManagerImpl.init(ReferralManagerImpl.java:162)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.ReferralManagerImpl.<init>(ReferralManagerImpl.java:76)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.referral.ReferralInterceptor.init(ReferralInterceptor.java:206)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register0(InterceptorChain.java:442)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register(InterceptorChain.java:398)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.init(InterceptorChain.java:258)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1447)
     at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:907)
     at EmbeddedADSVer157.initDirectoryService(EmbeddedADSVer157.java:186)
     at EmbeddedADSVer157.<init>(EmbeddedADSVer157.java:237)
     at EmbeddedADSVer157.main(EmbeddedADSVer157.java:272)

Looking at the code it can't find my partition in the
DefaultPartitionNexus.partitionLookupTree.     I've added the partition
to the DirectoryService, but is there something I'm missing?

I've attached a slightly hacked up version of "EmbeddedADSVer157.java" +
a very cut down custom partition that shows this problem.

I've tried adding the partition after the service startup, and I get a
similar result.

This was tested compiling and running against "apacheds-all.1.5.7.jar".

Any advice would be appreciated!!

==============================

I would have liked to dig into this myself by debugging through it to
see what's missing, but I had trouble getting the example working with
the sources in Eclipse.   I have the maven eclipse plugin installed, and
the apacheds projects compile OK.  But I can't manage to get the
embedded sample to work along side this.  I get compile errors trying to
find "org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schema.ldif"??  I'm not sure if
this is an artifact of my eclipse environment, or a problem with the
sample project.  PS: I'm not very familiar with managing Maven projects
in Eclipse.

Ideally I'd like to get our non-maven project to run using the ApacheDS
source in eclipse.  That way I could debug into things to work out the
problem.  But doing this too I had troubles, and only got it to work
using the "apacheds-all.1.5.7.jar".

Any tips on getting all this going in Eclipse?    :)

Thanks in advance,

--
Matt Doran
PaperCut Software International Pty. Ltd.