Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2012/05/09 10:59:09 UTC

Product * Image Caption

Hello All,

When I try to add product content for any image's caption, what I get is
a file upload form field. Last time I checked, as I recall,  the logic
was something similar to string comparison on ProductContentTypeId, for
'_IMAGE'. Apart from reporting a bug in the trunk and the stable
release, I would like to say that I really don't like the design. The
quickest solution that I can think of, though it may not be as good (I
am not sure), is to add a new field in the ProductContentType entity.
Say 'isFile', this would be similar to the 'hasTable' field, and will
allow easier extendibility to those who want custom ProductContentType.
Opinions?

--
Thanks&  Regards
Atul Vani

Re: Product * Image Caption

Posted by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Please follow the following steps to regenerate the issue:
* Go to
https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org:8443/catalog/control/EditProductContent?productId=GZ-1000
* In "Create New Product Content" form, select "Image Alt Text - Detail"
for "Product Content Type Id" and hit "Prepare Create"submit button.
* As the user wants to add "alt text" for the "detail image", he would
expect a text box, but he is presented with a file browse button.

Thanks!

Re: Product * Image Caption

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Atul Vani" <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>