Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by ask ari <ak...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/19 12:45:00 UTC

Re: [soapbuilders] Re: Release plan of Apache Axis C++ version 1.0

Hi,
As gSoap does more than what is proposed here - that should be the standard
metric.
   First I would make sure if the axis c++ client can talk to gsoap server
at it's current level
  of implementation - stl usage, DIME(streaming), and perhaps ws_security -
by the time
  the stable 1.0 of your release is ready.

Service.  Try it FREE for one month!   http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

Re: [soapbuilders] Re: Release plan of Apache Axis C++ version 1.0

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi,

The Apache process allows the developers to decide when they feel ready
to release some software. We are using that approach to declare that
Apache Axis/C++ is functionally capable enough right now that we would
like people to use it and help improve it.

That is not a claim of functionality comparable to gSOAP or WASP/C++
or any other C++ implementation. We hope to grow Apache Axis/C++
to be a fully complete implementation but clearly version 1.0 is not
going to be the final word on that.

We are doing some of the interop tests to try to make sure we pass
as much as possible. Again, being 1.0 I don't expect completeness
there either. We will get better over time!

Sanjiva.