Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Byron Miller <by...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/18 04:36:46 UTC

going backwards? svn getting deprecated errors

Trying to run a recent svn checkout (today) i'm
getting deprecated API errors on search.jsp

I've also noted the following errors in the opensearch
servlet:

compile-core:
    [javac] Compiling 243 source files to
/home2/mozdex/svn/nutch/build/classes
    [javac]
/home2/mozdex/svn/nutch/src/java/org/apache/nutch/searcher/OpenSearchServlet.java:29:
warning: javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils in
javax.servlet.http has been deprecated
    [javac] import javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils;
    [javac]                           ^
    [javac]
/home2/mozdex/svn/nutch/src/java/org/apache/nutch/searcher/OpenSearchServlet.java:116:
warning: javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils in
javax.servlet.http has been deprecated
    [javac]     String requestUrl =
HttpUtils.getRequestURL(request).toString();
    [javac]                         ^
    [javac]
/home2/mozdex/svn/nutch/src/java/org/apache/nutch/searcher/OpenSearchServlet.java:163:
warning: encode(java.lang.String) in
java.net.URLEncoder has been deprecated
    [javac]
+"&query="+URLEncoder.encode(queryString));
    [javac]                                      ^
    [javac]
/home2/mozdex/svn/nutch/src/java/org/apache/nutch/searcher/OpenSearchServlet.java:168:
warning: encode(java.lang.String) in
java.net.URLEncoder has been deprecated
    [javac]
+URLEncoder.encode("site:"+hit.getSite()+"
"+queryString)
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac] 4 warnings

Any changes that would cause the jsp's to fail? is
there an ant flag i can use during building of the war
to look for deprecated api calls?

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide

Re: going backwards? svn getting deprecated errors

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.
Byron Miller wrote:
> Trying to run a recent svn checkout (today) i'm
> getting deprecated API errors on search.jsp
> > warning: javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils in
> javax.servlet.http has been deprecated

Those are warnings, not errors.  Nothing is broken.  Deprecation
warnings simply mean that it might break at some point in the future if
it is not updated.  (Sun, to my knowledge, has never actually removed a
deprecated feature in the history of Java.)

These are my fault.  I was working quickly.  I'll try to fix them ASAP.
  But they should not be a source of major concern.

Doug