Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Kuang-Ching Wang <ku...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/26 15:47:09 UTC

adding Firewall Service to a network element

Hi - this is a network plugin implementation question.

I’d like to extend the BigSwitch networking plugin with Firewall Service.  In the plugin Element class I implement the FirewallServiceProvider interface, as well as included FirewallServiceProvider.class in its ‘Local’ notation.  After rebuilding the management server, I still do not see the plugin showing in the Firewall Provider drop down menu when adding a network offering.

Any network guru here can help point out what I might have missed?

Thanks!
KC

Re: adding Firewall Service to a network element

Posted by Kuang-Ching Wang <ku...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a bunch Suresh, this solves my problem!

KC

Posted by Suresh Ramamurthy <su...@nuagenetworks.net>.
Hi Kuang

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Kuang-Ching Wang <kuangching.wang@gmail.com

Posted by Kuang-Ching Wang <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Hair <je...@greenqloud.com>.

--
Jeff Hair
Core Systems Developer

Tel: (+354) 415 0200
jeff@greenqloud.com
www.greenqloud.com

Re: adding Firewall Service to a network element

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Did you enable it in the zone? register the provider? (I would think
it is more of a orchestration problem then a network problem)

--
Daan

Re: adding Firewall Service to a network element

Posted by Kuang-Ching Wang <ku...@gmail.com>.