Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "seri0528@naver.com" <se...@naver.com> on 2012/11/27 06:36:17 UTC

Returning 304 response to unconditional request

Hi!! everyone.

<TS-1086 Returning 304 response to unconditional request>

We have experienced the same issue.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Seri

Re: Returning 304 response to unconditional request

Posted by "Walsh, Peter" <Pe...@disney.com>.
Hi Seri, based on that bug description I believe I have also run into this
problem.  I haven't been able to solve it, but I have reduced its
frequency by increasing the following values in records.config

CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.max_open_read_retries
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.open_read_retry_time
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.mutex_retry_delay

By increasing these values, ATS is doing more retries to get the cached
object when it can't acquire the lock on it.  The downside is if you
increase these too much it will add latency to some of your requests when
there is contention for the locked object.