Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manuel Melle Ocariz <MM...@sag.es> on 2001/04/25 11:02:39 UTC

Adding modules

Hi there,

I m an Apache Web/Jserv user trying to migrate to Tomcat. I already have Tomcat running on my system, but I use a database that requires a special module to be loaded on the server. With Apache this was easy, I just had to add the following portion of code to the httpd.conf file:

LoadModule  ino_module modules/ApacheModuleIno.dll

If possible, what is the way of doing that in Tomcat?

Thanks and regards,

Manuel Melle Ocáriz
Software AG - E-Business Competence Center
mmelle@sag.es

Re: Adding modules

Posted by Arnaud Dostes - NTI <ad...@nti-sa.com>.
Hum... I don't see the problem ?
If you're using the database just to make dynamic pages, then you need to
use the JDBC API in you jsp or servlet files...
If you're using the database to perform authentication (like with
mod_auth_mysql) you just leave it in httpd.conf...

What exactly are you trying to do ?

Re: Adding modules

Posted by Sam Newman <sa...@www.stamplets.com>.
You simply get tomcat workig via apache, and it should work. Consult the
Apache/Tomcat howto, located on the doc directory of your tomcat install

sam