Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by email builder <em...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/01 23:43:08 UTC

Load balancing spamd

Hi,

  I am looking for advice on how to load balance spamd servers.  I (think I)
understand that the -d option used with -H for spamc will randomize multiple
addresses from a DNS lookup of the given hostname (and still include failover
support???).

  However, I am wanting to do weighted load balancing ala something more
substantial like LVS' ldirector.  I am very much a newb to LVS in general,
but have it installed (ultramonkey.org) and working for HTTP from the outside
world to two different Apache boxes.  But there seems to be a difference
between balancing requests that come from external interfaces and requests
that are completely internal.  That is, I point my MTA to connect to a spamd
port on the ldirector box, make the appropriate settings in ldirector, but
the connection doesn't even seem to happen at all.  Do I need to run another
instance of ldirector on an internal interface somehow?

  How are other people doing this?

  TIA!

http://mail.yahoo.com