Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Lukas Kahwe Smith <lu...@liip.ch> on 2015/11/05 18:02:18 UTC

how to deal with large number of children via the http remoting API

Aloha,

I am using PHPCR to access Jackrabbit, ie. I am using the HTTP remoting API.
I am facing an issue where I need to read the children of a node that potentially has a lot of nodes that I would prefer to “page” through, ie. reading the child nodes in smaller chunks (like 100 at a time).

In theory I could do an SQL2 query as well .. however there I guess the child node sorting isn’t exposed.

Any hints or ideas?

regards,
Lukas

--
Liip AG // T +41 43 500 39 80 // M +41 77 42 61 811
Limmatstrasse 183 // CH-8005 Zürich // GPG0x34DF44F7

Re: how to deal with large number of children via the http remoting API

Posted by Lukas Kahwe Smith <lu...@liip.ch>.
> On 05 Nov 2015, at 18:02, Lukas Kahwe Smith <lu...@liip.ch> wrote:
>
> Aloha,
>
> I am using PHPCR to access Jackrabbit, ie. I am using the HTTP remoting API.
> I am facing an issue where I need to read the children of a node that potentially has a lot of nodes that I would prefer to “page” through, ie. reading the child nodes in smaller chunks (like 100 at a time).
>
> In theory I could do an SQL2 query as well .. however there I guess the child node sorting isn’t exposed.
>
> Any hints or ideas?

nevermind .. turns out we had already implemented fetching just the node names.

Gruss,
Lukas