Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2015/03/05 16:02:46 UTC

Re: Align TomEE version with Tomcat

I like JLouis original proposal regarding aligning it with the EE versions.

OpenEJB was EJB centric. Thus it was very closely bound to EJB spec versions.
TomEE is EE umbrella centric. Thus it is closely bound to the EE umbrella spec version

TomEE-1.7.x -> TomEE-6.0.x
TomEE-2.0 -> TomEE-7.x

That way it is really easy for users to know what they get!

Maybe we let 1.7.x as it is, but we should really go for TomEE-7.0.0 instead of 2.0

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Carlos Chacín <cc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bhupendra <bh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@gmail.com>.
Romain,

s/openejb/tomee/ +1
but the version synchronization with Java EE specification. TomEE
7.x.x, TomEE 8.x.x and beyond.

--
Best regard,
Daniel Cunha (soro)