Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anna Afonchenko <an...@ubaccess.com> on 2003/05/04 16:09:22 UTC

Creating a JDOM tree from within Cocoon

Hi all

I am trying to use JDOM from within Cocoon.  What that means is that a transformer that I have written calls a class that loads in an XML file to JDOM.  This xml file has no connection to the Cocoon pipeline.  It is merely something that is done internally and Cocoon does not need to know about it.

However, JDOM throws the exception:
org.jdom.JDOMException: Error in building: SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser does not implement XMLReader: org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration

I will reiterate that Cocoon works fine - so it is not a bad installation of Cocoon.  The latest xerces jar is in the cocoon classpath.

I think it is probably due to JDOM, through JAXP, is calling the wrong SAXParser.  If so, how do i ensure that it calls the correct SAXParser that does implement XMLReader?

Spencer Bruce
Anna Afonchenko