Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lr...@apache.org> on 2012/05/23 18:36:40 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Wink 1.2.0-incubating release

The Apache Wink team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Wink
1.2.0-incubating.

Apache Wink is a simple yet solid framework for building RESTful Web
services. It is comprised of a Server module and a Client module for
developing and consuming RESTful Web services.

The Wink Server module is a complete implementation of the JAX-RS v1.1
specification. On top of this implementation, the Wink Server module
provides a set of additional features that were designed to facilitate
the development of RESTful Web services.

The Wink Client module is a Java based framework that provides
functionality for communicating with RESTful Web services. The
framework is built on top of the JDK HttpURLConnection and adds
essential features that facilitate the development of such client
applications.

For full details about the release and to download the distributions
please go to:

http://incubator.apache.org/wink/downloads.html

Apache Wink welcomes your help. Any contribution, including code,
testing, contributions to the documentation, or bug reporting is
always appreciated. For more information on how to get involved in
Apache Wink visit the website at:

http://incubator.apache.org/wink/

Thank you for your interest in Apache Wink!

The Apache Wink Team.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wink 1.2.0-incubating release

Posted by Luciano Resende <lr...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Ben Vesco <bv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The release notes are for the previous version:
> http://incubator.apache.org/wink/1.2.0/release_notes.html
>
> The url says 1.2.0 but the page contents are 1.1.3 instead. Are there
> release notes for 1.2.0 anywhere?

Thanks for catching that, let me update this with the generated
release notes from JIRA once it's back live (as it seems @asfinfra is
having some migration/issues with it today).

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Wink 1.2.0-incubating release

Posted by Ben Vesco <bv...@gmail.com>.