Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jon Svede <js...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/28 23:02:45 UTC

ExcelAnt Test Framework

Hi everyone,

A while back I posted a question about whether or a framework existed for
testing Excel spreadsheets from an Ant build script.  My purpose was to vet a
spreadsheet for compatibility with POI. I didn't find such a framework, so I
wrote it and have been using them for a few weeks and they seem to work.  I am
working with the POI developers to get them integrated into the POI repository
but for now they live on github:

http://www.github/jsvede/excelant

If you saw the previous mails and were curious you can download the source and
play around with it.  There are docs included with the project and I think on
github you can open any tickets for bugs.

It's a small code base so I am not sure it's worth calling it an alpha/beta but
it's dev tested code that for the has worked well for me.  I'd love to get some
other eyes on it.

Feel free to send me feedback.

Sincerely,

Jon