Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Stas Oskin <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/27 13:11:27 UTC

Blocks replication in downtime even

Hi.

I have a question:

If I have N of DataNodes, and one or several of the nodes have become
unavailable, would HDFS re-synchronize the blocks automatically, according
to replication level set?
And if yes, when? As soon as the offline node was detected, or only on file
access?

Regards.

Re: Blocks replication in downtime even

Posted by Stas Oskin <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

I think one needs to run balancer in order to clean out the redundant
blocks.

Can anyone confirm this?

Regards.

Posted by Piotr <pi...@gmail.com>.