Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Edwin Glaser <ed...@pannenleiter.de> on 2000/03/16 22:59:02 UTC

How does an extention element declare a xsl variable ?

Hello,

I can't figure out how to declare a xsl variable from an extention
element.

It is a central requirement of rmdms (http://rmdms.sourceforge.net).
Rmdms passes the result of a database query in a xsl:variable.
The stylesheet may include:

 <pl:variable name="root" document="$document" select="discussion[@name=$discussion]"/>
 <xsl:apply-templates select="$root"/>

or

 <pl:variable name="order" document="'basket-all'" sql-table="'orders'">
  select * from orders
   where session = <xsl:value-of select="$session"/>
 </pl:variable>
 <xsl:apply-templates select="$order/item"/>

It is a really easy and powerful interface. So I don't want to loose it.

Do you know how to plug it into a xalan extention ? Thanks in advance, edwin.

--
Edwin Glaser -- edwin@pannenleiter.de