Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Remedy QA <re...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/29 02:53:57 UTC

counter behavior

I'm wondering if the following is the behavior for a Pre-processor Counter element. I have the following test plan which uses a counter variable.  I am using the nightly build from June 12.

Test Plan
   ThreadGroup (1 user, Loop once)
      Counter - increments by 1
      Simple Controller
         HTTP Request
      Runtime Controller - 120 seconds
         Random Order Controller
            HTTP Request - using counter variable
            HTTP Request
      Simple Controller
         HTTP Request

When running with 1 user, the Counter does not increment, whether the "Track counter intdependently for each user" is checked or unchecked.   However when there are 2 or more users, the counter increments (with unchecked "Track..").  Is this behavior expected?

thanks,
mabel

Re: counter behavior

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
You only loop once, so the counter doesn't increment unless there are
multiple users and you aren't tracking by user.

If you wanted to increment for each time the Runtime Controller begins,
put the counter inside there.

-Mike

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 20:53, Remedy QA wrote:
> I'm wondering if the following is the behavior for a Pre-processor Counter element. I have the following test plan which uses a counter variable.  I am using the nightly build from June 12.
>
> Test Plan
>    ThreadGroup (1 user, Loop once)
>       Counter - increments by 1
>       Simple Controller
>          HTTP Request
>       Runtime Controller - 120 seconds
>          Random Order Controller
>             HTTP Request - using counter variable
>             HTTP Request
>       Simple Controller
>          HTTP Request
>
> When running with 1 user, the Counter does not increment, whether the "Track counter intdependently for each user" is checked or unchecked.   However when there are 2 or more users, the counter increments (with unchecked "Track..").  Is this behavior expected?
>
> thanks,
> mabel

Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation