Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com> on 2014/04/24 13:14:21 UTC

Re: New installer errors

On 24/04/14 12:02, Phillip wrote:
> The flexsdk installer shows empty dropdowns for every OS, therefore its not possible to install an sdk.
If you have Ant locally, you can follow the alternative installer
instructions linked from the download page.

Tom

Re: New installer errors

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I'm wondering, if we used sockets, would it not have the same issues?
Could have more issues - non HTTP traffic and non 80 port are more likely to be blocked in corporate environments.

Re IE I'm not sure if AIR uses IE for all connections or just HTTP style ones. Anyone know?

Justin

Re: New installer errors

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: New installer errors

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: New installer errors

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/24/14 4:57 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>See also this - seems there a lot of reasons for that error:
>http://www.judahfrangipane.com/blog/2007/02/15/error-2032-stream-error/
>
>eg proxy servers, case issues in URLs, incorrect mime types, large file
>size, incorrect cross domain etc etc
True, but I don't think these apply in this case.

-Alex

Re: New installer errors

Re: New installer errors

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK, installer 2.7 should be working again.

But back to the original topic: why is Installer 3.0 reporting so many
failures, especially on Windows.  I have a feeling that some of it is that
2032 error one person reported which I think is a common complaint on AIR
on Windows.

-Alex

Re: New installer errors

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.