Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Troy <rt...@ScienceTools.com> on 2001/11/06 15:22:52 UTC

Partly solved Re: Compiles - manual and auto - and classpath

Well, I eventually found my typo - correctly spelling
$CATALINA_HOME/lib/servlet.jar helped a lot. -smile- I guess
it's hard to see your own typos sometimes. -shrug-

However, this doesn't clear up anything regarding automatic compiles.
Did I just mis-understand? Isn't the reason that Tomcat requires JDK and
not just JRE because it can/has to do compiles on the fly?

If so, any ideas what I might need to do to get it going?

RT