Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by breako <al...@fineos.com> on 2009/11/04 19:11:12 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTP Post requests

Hi,
Can anybody tell if Apache 2.x allows HTTP POST requests by default?

I am using Apache and the Mod_JK plugin to forward requests to a configured
tomcat server. It fowards GETS requests okay but does forwrad the POST
requests.

I check the mod_jk logs and I can see it trying to forward the POST messages
header to tomcat, but not the message body.

any ideas welcomed.

RE: [users@httpd] HTTP Post requests

Posted by Jorge Medina <jm...@e-dialog.com>.
Because the purpose of the log is to have a nicely formatted file (timestamp, url, http method, etc).
The POST body could be anything. It may not even be text. Therefore the mod_jk is not going to log it.
(You may ask to the mod_jk developers if there is any option to actually log the POST body, but I doubt it)

I wonder why I won't see the body in the mod_jk logs?
Any ideas...

Posted by breaks <as...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Jordiang.