Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2003/03/03 19:45:34 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat 4.1.21 Beta released

The Tomcat Team announces the immediate availability of Apache Tomcat
4.1.21 Beta.

Tomcat 4.1.21 includes many bugfixes and performance tweaks over Tomcat
4.1.18. Please see the release notes for a complete list of the changes.

Downloads (source and binaries):
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.21-beta/

Release notes:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.21-beta/RELEASE-NOTES

Important note: When upgrading from another Tomcat 4.x release, the
Tomcat work directory must be cleared.

Remy

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 4.1.21 Beta released

Posted by "Jess M. Holle" <je...@ptc.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Jess M. Holle wrote:
>
>> I thought the overwhelming vote was for "Stable" -- or did I
>> misread/miscount the tallies?
>>
>> [Desparately awaiting the next officially "Stable" version of 4.1.x...]
>

> Unfortunately, there's a minor security issue in it (bug 17591). If
> you're not using the JDBC store, then you can consider that build
> release quality.

Hmmm....  I'm not, but my customers might.  Any chance of a quick follow
on which fixes this and is officially "Stable"?  [Customers tend to
second guess use of anything not marked as "Stable" anyway -- regardless
of the applicability of any of the bugs to their usage.]

--
Jess Holle

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 4.1.21 Beta released

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Jess M. Holle" <je...@ptc.com>.

Posted by Steve Burrus <bu...@swbell.net>.
Please forgive my "mindless naivety", but when u say that the work directory/folder should be cleared out when you upgrade to a newer version of the Tomcat server, is that the folder whose name is "work" or whatever folder that you chose to put your servlets/jsp's into??