Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by mostafa bahaloo <mb...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/26 23:02:15 UTC

convert voice to text

hi dear
i study in ITI university .
my project is to develop extension for liberoffice program in linux open
suse  that can convert voice to text ,

skill
i work in programming language  on windows such as c ,c++ ,
c#,vb,vb.net,
java,------web develop=> php, .net javascript, ,etc   ...  later .
but in linux  i'm beginner .

question is
1)what lanquage is the best for do it .(writing extension )?
2)is any document about writing extension in pdf format ?
3)do the extention best for it?
if is  any thing help ,please give me.
tank you
  best regards
       Mostafa bahaloo

Re: convert voice to text

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Beware, OP is not subscribed.

Hagar

Re: convert voice to text

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Le 27/01/2013 13:40, Jürgen Schmidt a écrit :
> here again with you in cc because you are not subscribed. Thanks for the
> pointer Hagar ;-)

Welcome.

Strange, that one has not been tagged by my filter... (that worked suddenly since few days ago).
I'm at loss with this filter in TB.

Hagar

Re: convert voice to text

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
here again with you in cc because you are not subscribed. Thanks for the
pointer Hagar ;-)

You should subscribe to the mailing list to get all replies

Juergen

Re: convert voice to text

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: convert voice to text

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 11:02 PM, mostafa bahaloo <mb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> hi dear
> i study in ITI university .
> my project is to develop extension for liberoffice program in linux open
> suse  that can convert voice to text ,
>
> skill
> i work in programming language  on windows such as c ,c++ ,
> c#,vb,vb.net,
> java,------web develop=> php, .net javascript, ,etc   ...  later .
> but in linux  i'm beginner .
>
> question is
> 1)what lanquage is the best for do it .(writing extension )?
> 2)is any document about writing extension in pdf format ?
> 3)do the extention best for it?
> if is  any thing help ,please give me.
> tank you
>   best regards
>        Mostafa bahaloo

You should look into this extension, maybe contribute by enhancing it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCARVoZqC-s

Also there is a voice command extension:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYEX7PNiRXg

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: convert voice to text

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
On 01/26/2013 05:02 PM, mostafa bahaloo wrote:
> hi dear
> i study in ITI university .
> my project is to develop extension for liberoffice program in linux open
> suse  that can convert voice to text ,

Sounds like a cool project.

> skill
> i work in programming language  on windows such as c ,c++ ,
> c#,vb,vb.net,
> java,------web develop=> php, .net javascript, ,etc   ...  later .
> but in linux  i'm beginner .
>
> question is
> 1)what lanquage is the best for do it .(writing extension )?

I assume that you will not write your own converter to take voice to
text. I assume that you will use some library to do that particular
work. What language will make that easiest?

I assume that you do not need to worry about this extension working on
multiple platforms; only Linux, so the language may not be as important.

> 2)is any document about writing extension in pdf format ?

No idea (perhaps someone else will know).

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php