Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Innes, Chris" <ch...@eds.com> on 2007/06/16 08:13:11 UTC

[Trinidad] Portlet configuration

Hi all,

I understand there are a number of issues/limitations around
portletization and Trinidad and that these issues will be resolved with
JSR301.  However, from what I've been reading it seems possible to
expose a Trinidad portlet at this time if one accepts these limitations.
I've been trying all sorts of combinations and cannot get it too work.
Can somebody please post a configuration, portlet.xml & web.xml, of a
Trinidad application exposed as a portlet that is functioning and that I
can try against my basic application.

I am running against the Oracle webcenter preconfigured OC4J, as my
portlet container, that comes bundled with JDeveloper 10.1.3.2

I am happy to use with the Oracle Portlet Faces Bridge or any other
bridge.

Scott,  I've noted entries about a proof-of-concept bridge based on the
Oracle portlet faces bridge, can you please provide us with more
information on that proof-of-concept?

Thanks,
Chris.

[Trinidad] Trinidad skinning guide

Posted by "Perkins, Nate-P63196" <Na...@gdc4s.com>.
It seems like the skinning guide for Trinidad on the Apache Myfaces site
is out of date.

I'm trying to recreate the Oracle ADF look-and-feel skin but using
Trinidad components, so far its just been trial and error and Firebug to
help me.  Is there a way to get at the original Oracle ADF css file with
the skin selectors?

On another note, does anybody know what happened to the line that used
to separate content from header in the panelHeader component, I noticed
in Trinidad that it no longer has a separator...do I need to put a
separator component in there by hand for each panelHeader?  Also, is the
skin selector for separator still af|objectSeparator or is updated?
(this prompted the first statement).

I'm trying to port to Trinidad, but I've got to be honest, the
documentation and available resources for skinning is poor!

Nate Perkins
480-441-3667
nate.perkins@gdc4s.com

Trinidad skinning guide

Posted by "Perkins, Nate-P63196" <Na...@gdc4s.com>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Hey Chris,

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Because Trinidad needs to be standards compliant, we do not need this.
It was replaced by the Trinidad configurator mechanism which happens
regardless of the filter (the filter just makes it run earlier and
handles some of the usecases we havn't had time to research yet. If you
want to use Oracle's BC4J with Trinidad then you'll need to make sure
you have ADFFaces richclient in your classpath. This, at the moment, is
an Oracle extension to Trinidad and has a lifecycle listener that can be
used to initialize the Trinidad configurators before the first request
into faces, thus allowing BC4J to initialize correctly.

The name of this class is
oracle.adf.view.rich.portal.AdfFacesBridgeLifecycleListener (please note
the package has changed). I'm looking at a solution which would allow
the Trinidad Configurator to initialize earlier so that we can make this
listener obsolete, but for now you'll need it if you want to use BC4J
with Trinidad.

Scott