Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca> on 2007/04/19 20:10:17 UTC

antlib - fails to grab snapshot dependencies?

I'm using Antlib for Maven 2.0.4  to get a reference to the
dependencies in my pom for use in some ant targets. It works fine
(though you have to fiddle with your pom to get rid of the NPE's),
but now it won't reference the snapshot dependencies. I've tried a
bunch of different useScope values, but none will ref these snapshots
(which are not only deployed but also installed and in common use by
other maven goals).

         <artifact:dependencies pathId="dependency.classpath"
filesetId="compile.dependency.fileset" useScope="compile">
             <pom refid="maven.project"/>
         </artifact:dependencies>

What do I need to do?

Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>

Software Engineer
Teaching & Learning Centre
University of Calgary

http://tlc.ucalgary.ca

Re: antlib - fails to grab snapshot dependencies?

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.
Well apparently the solution is to revert back to 2.0beta3, add a
whack of new dependency jars, specify the dependencies element twice,
and you're good to go (thanks to Kevin for the hint).

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MANTTASKS-18?rc=1

Lots of interest in that bug.

One curious thing is that 2.0.4 will download new snapshots, but
won't reference them in the fileset.

On 19-Apr-07, at 12:10 PM, Julian Wood wrote:

> I'm using Antlib for Maven 2.0.4  to get a reference to the
> dependencies in my pom for use in some ant targets. It works fine
> (though you have to fiddle with your pom to get rid of the NPE's),
> but now it won't reference the snapshot dependencies. I've tried a
> bunch of different useScope values, but none will ref these
> snapshots (which are not only deployed but also installed and in
> common use by other maven goals).
>
>         <artifact:dependencies pathId="dependency.classpath"
> filesetId="compile.dependency.fileset" useScope="compile">
>             <pom refid="maven.project"/>
>         </artifact:dependencies>
>
> What do I need to do?

Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>