Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anecss <an...@myway.com> on 2003/09/16 02:46:11 UTC

multiple http10connector in server.xml - Side effects

Hi there,

In tomcat's (Using tomcat 3.3.1) server.xml, I added another module  Http10Connector like this below

        <Http10Connector   port="8080"
			   secure="false"
			   maxThreads="100"
			   maxSpareThreads="50"
			   minSpareThreads="10" />
        <Http10Connector   port="80"
			   secure="false"
			   maxThreads="100"
			   maxSpareThreads="50"
			   minSpareThreads="10" />

So that, my tomcat can receive requests on both port 80 & 8080. It is working for me. Can anyone tell, if there will be any side effects because of this change.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Anecss.

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.

Re: multiple http10connector in server.xml - Side effects

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Anecss" <an...@myway.com> wrote in message

> Hi there,
>
> In tomcat's (Using tomcat 3.3.1) server.xml, I added another module
Http10Connector like this below

>         <Http10Connector   port="8080"
>    secure="false"
>    maxThreads="100"
>    maxSpareThreads="50"
>    minSpareThreads="10" />
>         <Http10Connector   port="80"
>    secure="false"
>    maxThreads="100"
>    maxSpareThreads="50"
>    minSpareThreads="10" />
>
> So that, my tomcat can receive requests on both port 80 & 8080. It is
working for me. Can anyone tell, if there will be any side effects because
of this change.

With your settings, a very slight increase in memory usage, but that's about
it.  However, the CoyoteConnector2 from 3.3.2-dev is much nicer than the
Http10Connector for running standalone.

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.