Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by 喜之郎 <25...@qq.com> on 2018/05/03 07:31:25 UTC

can CarbonThriftServer configure the max number of submit task at the same time?

hi dev,
I start CarbonThriftServer, then use beeline to connect it. But when I submit 60 sqls at the same time, all task failed.
So I want to know, is there a configure to restrict the max number of running sql in carbonthriftserver, for example, if the number of running sql is larger than this number, you can not submit this sql through beeline?

回复: can CarbonThriftServer configure the max number of submit task at the same time?

Posted by 喜之郎 <25...@qq.com>.
yes, this config works. thanks.
My sql is a very big sql, so 60 concurrent queries does not work.

Maybe you can try `hive.server2.thrift.max.worker.threads` and set a smaller value for it.

You can configure it in hive-site.xml or pass the configuration through —hiveconf when you start the thrift-server.

At last, you need to find out the root cause of the failed sqls. 60 concurrent queries is not problem in a normal cluster. It may be resource/query related.

Re: can CarbonThriftServer configure the max number of submit task at the same time?

Posted by xuchuanyin <xu...@hust.edu.cn>.