Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Maria Jackson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/10 06:40:03 UTC

I recently downloaded apache-jena-2.12.1. I followed the tutorial
mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-UfFV5XmTI to learn how to load
and query RDF data into Jena ARQ.

I am using the following command for loading and querying RDF data:
$ ~/apache-jena-2.12.1/bin/arq --data ~/Jena/ex002.ttl --query
~/Jena/ex003.rq

Using this command lets me easily query a given RDF dataset. However, I
think this method is not feasible when you have large RDF files of a few
Tera Byte. Is there some way by which I may load data using command line(in
tera bytes) into Jena ARQ and then pose queries on it using command line.
It will be really great if someone can explain the same with the help of an
example.

Re: Loading large RDF data files in apache-jena-2.12.1

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
Yes

You can load your data into TDB which is a persistent disk backed RDF
store and part of Apache Jena

See http://jena.apache.org/documentation/tdb/index.html

Use the tdbloader (or tdbloader2 tool if on a *nix system and building a
fresh database) to load your data first.  Once you have data loaded into
TDB you can then use the tdbquery command line utility to query the data.

See http://jena.apache.org/documentation/tdb/commands.html for more
details on the command line tools

Rob