Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/17 19:22:50 UTC

HypersonicSQL block & sar

I got added as a committer to the hsqldb project at sourceforge and been
allowed to add a factory that allows other java apps to instantiate a
HypersonicSQL DB, but use their own  ThreadPool and ConnectionManager.

New Cornerstone app "hsql" created, with a sar that launches a demo
HypersonicSQL service (no methods exposed via service).
It should be possible to distribute a sar file with a preloaded database
given the way Hsql stores it's data (unzip of sar fixes pending).

To test :-

1) Launch, in a different shell  :-

                 java -classpath hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager

2) Choose "Server" from drop down and type "create table AvalonRocks(Nr
integer)" into the sql entry field.

Enjoy.

Regards,

- Paul H

Re: HypersonicSQL block & sar

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
Sounds kool ... gonna have to go play ;)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 03:22, Paul Hammant wrote:
> I got added as a committer to the hsqldb project at sourceforge and been
> allowed to add a factory that allows other java apps to instantiate a
> HypersonicSQL DB, but use their own  ThreadPool and ConnectionManager.
>
> New Cornerstone app "hsql" created, with a sar that launches a demo
> HypersonicSQL service (no methods exposed via service).
> It should be possible to distribute a sar file with a preloaded database
> given the way Hsql stores it's data (unzip of sar fixes pending).
>
> To test :-
>
> 1) Launch, in a different shell  :-
>
>                  java -classpath hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager
>
> 2) Choose "Server" from drop down and type "create table AvalonRocks(Nr
> integer)" into the sql entry field.
>

> Enjoy.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Paul H