Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Tang, Rebecca" <Re...@ucsf.edu> on 2014/04/02 23:59:28 UTC

How to search one field and highlight another

Hi there,

For dates we create two Solr fields: date_display and date.
date_display: stored = true, indexed = false, it's for display purpose only
date: stored = false, indexed = true, it's used for searching, ordering and faceting

When users search on date, I need to be able to highlight date_display.  I'm not sure how to achieve this.  Is this possible?  Or do I have to rethink my index?

Thanks!

Rebecca Tang
Applications Developer, UCSF CKM
Legacy Tobacco Document Library<legacy.library.ucsf.edu/>
E: rebecca.tang@ucsf.edu