Posted to user@flink.apache.org by 刘首维 <jo...@qq.com> on 2020/01/15 13:43:59 UTC

Let Flink SQL PlannerExpressionParserImpl#FieldRefrence use Unicode as its default charset

Hi all,
&nbsp;the related issue:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-15573

&nbsp; As the title tells, what I do want to do is let the `FieldRefrence` use Unicode as its default charset (or maybe as an optional&nbsp; charset which can be configured).
According to the&nbsp; `PlannerExpressionParserImpl`, currently FLINK uses JavaIdentifier as&nbsp; &nbsp;`FieldRefrence`‘s default charset. But, from my perspective, it is not enough. Considering that user who uses ElasticSearch as sink,we all know that ES has A field called `@timestamp`, which JavaIdentifier cannot meet.

&nbsp; So in my team, we just let `PlannerExpressionParserImpl#FieldRefrence` use Unicode as its default charset so that solves this kind of problem. (Plz refer to the issue I mentioned above )

In my Opinion, the change shall be for general purpose:
&nbsp;Firstly, Mysql supports unicode as default field charset, see the field named `@@`, so shall we support unicode also?

&nbsp; What’ s more,&nbsp; my team really get a lot of benefits&nbsp; from this change. I also believe that it can give other users more benefits without even any harm!
&nbsp; Fortunately, the change supports fully forwards compatibility.Cuz Unicode is the superset of&nbsp; JavaIdentifier. Only a few code change can achieve this goal.
&nbsp; Looking forward for any opinion.
&nbsp;
&nbsp;btw, thanks to tison~

Best Regards