Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/14 00:09:30 UTC

User registration email setup

I am testing the registration portlet and I am not familiar with the
spring JavaMailSenderImpl class. I found the administration.xml but I
don't know my mail systems username and password or if it even has
one. I'm using Suse 10 so it is either postfix or sendmail. Maybe I
need to start it :)
--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy

Re: User registration email setup

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Mabey we could create a spring config with embedded James. Does James
embed? http://wiki.apache.org/james/Embedded This is an old link but
it's encouraging. Mabey I'll have time to check this out next week.

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Derby connection

Posted by Alexey Manulenko <ma...@rosten.elektra.ru>.
Hello, Philip

I need help.

> you can not access this database while Jetspeed is running.
> When I tried this the embedded driver tells you that there is
> already a instance using the database. So if you need to connect
> simultaneously you need the network driver.

I have noticed that the embedded driver class is located in
/shared/lib/derby-10.1.1.0.jar
Could you please prompt me where I can get the network driver you have
mentioned?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Alex

Re: Derby connection

Posted by Alexey Manulenko <ma...@rosten.elektra.ru>.
Hello, all

>    username = ""
>    password=""
>    driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
>    url="jdbc:derby:C:\Program Files\Apache Jetspeed
> 2.0/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/productiondb;create=true"

> You can find this inside the conf\catalina\localhost\jetspeed.xml of the
> multi-db installer of J2.

Jetspeed-2 embedded Derby database distribution does also contain this
file...

Besides, I've noticed this:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-jetspeed-user/200601.mbox/%3c4B399B8DBA86D411BB3500508B9566FF15D1C177@mal-mail-1.dera.gov.uk%3e
> I installed my existing Jetspeed2 installation using the Jetspeed2
> Installer
> that has Derby as the embedded database. Since I want to use MySQL as my
> database, I am going to throw this installation away, and start over with
> the Jetspeed2 Multi-DB Installer.

Does it really has to be this way? I mean is there any way to "teach" the
embedded database
distribution to work with another database (MySQL) without downloading
another 60+ Mb?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexey

Re: User registration email setup

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
I modified administration.xml to reflect my isp's smtp server that
does not require authentication.

  <bean id="mailSender"
class="org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl">
  </bean>

No luck. I'm still getting the same error as before.

"Failed to add user.org.apache.jetspeed.administration.AdministrationEmailException:
Failed to send forgotten password email to user with email address
because Mail server connection failed; nested exception is
javax.mail.MessagingException: 501 Syntax: HELO hostname"

What could be wrong?

Phil

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.

--