Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by novotny <no...@gridsphere.org> on 2009/03/19 21:25:03 UTC

PageExpiredException problems

Hi,

Our log file in production is showing a lot of these type errors:

org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.PageExpiredException: Cannot find the
rendered page in session [pagemap=null,componentPath=1,versionNumber=0]
       at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebRequestCycleProcessor.resolve(WebRequestCycleProcessor.java:190)
       at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1246)
       at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1366)
       at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:498)
       at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:444)

Does anyone know what can cause this to happen? Also is there a way (maybe a
class or method I can override) to log the URLs that a user is hitting to
maybe narrow this down?

Thanks, Jason

Re: PageExpiredException problems

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Search the archives and you will find many reasons for this to happen.

Are you getting serialization errors in your logs?

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
So you can not reproduce it in your test environment?

Look in your http logs and see if the urls that are returning 50X codes
mostly have a search bot user agent.  If you have a public facing site that
is scraped by Google, et al, you will see these errors because they do not
maintain a session, but record session-relative links.

Posted by novotny <no...@gridsphere.org>.
Hi Jeremy,