Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/06 20:45:27 UTC

[FlexJS] [Typedefs] [Maven] build issues

I have had a few issues with maven build of typedefs (in develop) over recent times.

I think others may have experienced this also, at least I have seen similar things mentioned previously.

For me this seems to be related to patches being applied when the content that is being downloaded is already patched (I *think*, based on eyeballing the patch and the download js content).

In the past I had this with svg.js and today I had it happen with google maps.
I hand edited  src/main/patch/js.patch to remove the already patched parts for svg.js

and today I simply removed the patch part of the pom.xml inside googlemaps subdir to get it to build.

I have not committed any of this because I have no knowledge or confidence in terms of what the correct approach should be here.

ant build seems to not have an issue with applying the patch content that (apparently) is no longer needed.

I am on windows if that possibly makes any difference to the way git apples patches.

Chris, or others, are you ever seeing the above issue in the dev maven build for typedefs?

Re: [FlexJS] [Typedefs] [Maven] build issues

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
The only 100% safe option in my opinion would be to create a tool to do the patching. This tool might simply be a wrapper around some open-source patch tool with a suitable license and provide a Maven goal to do the patching. For Ant a matching wrapper should make sure the patches are applied equally in Ant and Maven.

Chris

Am 07.06.17, 02:18 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com>:

    Hi,

    > I think others may have experienced this also, at least I have seen similar things mentioned previously.

    I’ve run into this issue before on OSX and it been discussed on list - was not able to find the root cause however.

    Thanks,
    Justin

Re: [FlexJS] [Typedefs] [Maven] build issues

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

AW: [FlexJS] [Typedefs] [Maven] build issues

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Nope … don’t have any issues on a Mac.

I wouldn’t say that I am really happy with the patching and all, the way it’s done today. We are relying on an external executable. As you might have noticed, I don’t like executing Things outside the VM and like to have Things inside the Java world and hereby under full control. I wouldn’t bet my life on using the git.exe on Windows to do the patching to work identically on Linux and Mac for example.

Chris