Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Chris Teoh <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/23 15:57:26 UTC

Kerberos or LDAP authentication

Hey all,

Is Kerberos or LDAP authentication available in NiFi?

Kind regards
Chris

Re: Kerberos or LDAP authentication

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

LDAP authentication will be included in 040. This is currently being worked
in the NIFI-655 branch. Kerberos integration should follow in our next
release.

Matt

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

We have support for interaction with a Kerberos enabled HDFS cluster
today.  For authentication within NiFi as of right now it is via 2-way
SSL.  This is powerful yet cumbersome to setup unless you're in an
environment with a robust PKI infrastructure.

So for the upcoming NiFi 0.4.0 release a key feature coming is
authentication backed by Active Directory or Directory Server using
LDAP.  You can see more about it here

Thanks
Joe