Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/28 22:36:44 UTC

Upgrading AMQP component to qpid-jms-client

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade AMQP component to use the latest qpid-jms client [1].

Currently we use older qpid-amqp-1-0-client-jms (which supports both AMQP
0.9 and 1.0) however some users complain about its quality compared to the
latest qpid-jms-client. Unfortunately the latest version of qpid-jms-client
supports only AMQP 1.0.

Do you want me to upgrade camel-amqp to the latest qpid-jms-client (and
therefore drop support to AMQP 0.9) or create a new component (like
camel-amqp2) using latest qpid-jms-client and supporting only AMQP 1.0?

Cheers!

[1] http://qpid.apache.org/components/jms/
--
Henryk Konsek
http://about.me/hekonsek

Re: Upgrading AMQP component to qpid-jms-client

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Done [1]. I have also improved documentation and tests coverage.

For now we have to wrap the following three [2] jars:

wrap:mvn:org.apache.qpid/qpid-jms-client
wrap:mvn:org.apache.qpid/proton-j/0.10
wrap:mvn:io.netty/netty-all/4.0.17.Final

Christian, which of those jars have you included in ServiceMix recently?
Only proton-j?

Cheers!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-9381
[2]
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/platforms/karaf/features/src/main/resources/features.xml#L84-L86

wt., 1.12.2015 o 14:39 użytkownik Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Understood.

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I think upgrade is the better solution.

Thanks Henryk :-)

--
Andrea Cosentino
---------------------------------
Apache Camel PMC Member
Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

On Sunday, November 29, 2015 9:18 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 to upgrade.

0.9 users are using rabbitmq and can use camel-rabbitmq which is the
better module to use.

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: Upgrading AMQP component to qpid-jms-client

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1 to upgrade.

--
Claus Ibsen