Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Silvia Suárez <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2005/08/31 17:17:18 UTC

log4j:ERROR... Please Help.

Dear all,

I am using the log4j package for logging with java. The file down is the
configuration file (config-simple.properties. However next error appears
when I am running my program:

log4j: ERROR No appenders could be found for category (sample.Myprogram2).

log4j: ERROR Please initialize the log4j System properly.

I am beggining on logging, I dont know what is the problem. Before, It was
working and now it is not :-(

Can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot.

#
# This defines the logging level for the rootLogger. It is not required
# if you are going to keep the level at debug as the rootLogger by default
# is at the debug level. The value after the comma is the appender for the
# root and we have given it the name R
#
#log4j.rootLogger=debug, R

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, LogFile

log4j.appender.LogFile=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.LogFile.File=client.log
log4j.appender.LogFile.Append=false
log4j.appender.LogFile.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.LogFile.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p %c{2}: %m%n

log4j.category.sample.Myprogram1=DEBUG
log4j.category.sample.Myprogram2=DEBUG
log4j.category.sample.Myprogram3=DEBUG
log4j.category.sample.Myprogram4=DEBUG
log4j.category.sample.Myprogram5=DEBUG
log4j.category.sample.Myprogram6=DEBUG

# For this simple example, we are just going to log to the console
#

#log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

#
# When logging using the ConsoleAppender, the following value tells how and
# what to log. The SimpleLayout simply logs the level of the message and
# the message itself.
#
#log4j.appender.R.layout=org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout